Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 10/25/07


Thinking about both Halloween and my upcoming birthday, this weeks Thursday Thirteen is 13 candies I remember from my childhood...

1. I bought these with the 50 cents my uncle would give me when we stayed at his house.
2. This was another favorite purchase with those 2 quarters.


3.This might always be one of my favorite candies. It is fat free after all.

4. My Halloween stash always had several of these. My big sis hated them so I got hers too.


5. I have had my mouth stuck shut from these too many times to mention.


6. My Granny always had Sour Balls at her house.


7.My brother and I fought over PixyStix so many times. We always wanted the same colors.


8.I think I got Pez and a Pez dispenser every year for Christmas from the time I was 4 to 12.


9. I remember daring my cousin to drink a cola after eating Pop Rocks. We all knew it could make our stomachs explode ;-), but we all did it anyway.


10. Movie theater candy, watching ET on one screen while my older sister and Dad watched The Karate Kid. There was a time in my life when Ralph Macchio was considered too violent for me.


11.Oh my God I loved these. You can still order them online. :Gets out credit card: What they were fun.


12. My mother always had these in the car when we would take a road trip. Other people remember playing those travel games, looking for plates from all states, playing I Spy. We ate from almost the moment the car left the driveway.


13. I still eat these. The grape and rootbeer flavors are my favorite.


What is your favorite candy memory?



19 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those pixy stix. Highly addictive. Happy T13!
Mine's up http://adellelaudan.blogspot.com

Lis said...

I loved the sour balls, the pez (I still have one Xmas one somewhere in my room lol) and the bottle caps, the cola ones were my favorite. Also a big fan of the sour cherry cola gummies, used to get those after school sometimes on the walk home

Savannah Chase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savannah Chase said...

aww I remember these growing up...This brings back a lot of memories...

Cassandra said...

I was always a big fan of those Bubble gum cigars and the Slo Poke lollipops. LOL


My T13 is up at http://midnightmooncafe.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Sugar Babies and Pixie Stix! Just thinking about either one now makes me feel sick, but when we were kids? Heck yeah! I also used to love Anise Squares, mostly because they were my grandma's favorite and reminded me of her.

Anonymous said...

Bearing in mind I'm in NZ and we have different stuff - I used to like milk bottles (they're little white sweets shaped like milk bottles and taste milky sweet)love hearts - little hearts with corny romantic sayings on and aniseed balls. Yum - great post because it brings back lots of memories!

Tempest Knight said...

OMG! I remember those cigarrettes candies. I used to drive my grandpa crazy every time we went to the store. Hehehe! As for #12, I still buy them at Walgreens. It's one of my little secrets. *wg*

Jennifer McKenzie said...

OMG! I haven't seen those candy cigarettes in YEARS! I used to love 'em.
A lot of those I don't recognize, but I loved Charleston Chews. They were my FAVORITE.

Jennifer Shirk said...

We just bought some Pop Rocks this weekend for our daughter to try!

Candy cigarettes. I remember those! They still sell them, too.

Elle Fredrix said...

Pixy Stix!! I'd forgotten all about those.

Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, I love almost all that candy. I'd have to add Abba Zabbas to the list. Also, I remember when Bubble Yum gum had just come out and it was so IN that you couldn't find it anywhere in my area. Your cache with the in crowd was upped considerably if you had a pack.

Paige Tyler said...

I love candy corn!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Three Musketeers and Snickers. I ate them in layers.

Anonymous said...

I recognize none of these except for Pop Rocks. My sister brought me home some from the States. So much fun to eat!

Bethanne said...

Do they still make candy cigarettes??? We used to play and eat those..the gum ones too. I don't know why we thought it was cool. I don't know that I hung out with anyone[parents adn stuff] who smoked. But, still...it must have been instinctual because I was definitely cooler when I started smoking... NOT! LOL I did love a good smoke, though. *sigh*

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Where's the CHOCOLATE? Sugar Babies don't count. Okay I admit, I liked the Bottle Caps too!

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. the memories you just brought back... good and bad. Love bottlecaps... hate those peach styrofoam peanuts =P

Great TT, this week!

Debbie Mumford said...

Oh! I LOVE candy corn!! It's not chocolate, but it's a favorite anyway *lol*