Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 10/11/07



I love Halloween it might be my favorite holiday. So in honor of Halloween my Thursday Thirteen is 13 things I have been for Halloween.

1. Wonder Woman.

2. Muffit (The alien robot pet from Battlestar Galactica. This was back in the day of plastic suits and hard plastic masks.)

3. Princess Leia (Mom did my hair with the buns over my ears and everything.)

4. A hippie.

5. A gypsy.

6. Pirate

7. Witch

8. Devil

9. Zombie

10. Crewman from Startrek:TNG

11. Evil Fairy

12. An Accident Victim on Prom Night. (This was really an excuse to get one more wear out of a formal dress.)

13. Vampire (My perennial favorite. I have been a vampire many times. I done elaborate gothic gowns and black leather minis. You name it.

Having a hard time this year. I may still be in the boot at Halloween. It is distintly limiting my footwear options. My husband has already bought a hippie costumes. We almost never match. The best year I went as a vamp in the gothic gown. He wore his labcoat a carried a tray of bloodtubes and tourniquets. We were both "bloodsuckers."



14 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

I was a Princess Leia too. And my witchlings were Queen Amidalas. Hahaha! Happy T13!

Heather said...

A friend of mine was Princess Leia one year. Much as I lvoe autumn, I never did get into the whole dressing up for Halloween thing, not even as a kid.

Tara S Nichols said...

What I find so funny is that the sci fi characters are mixed in with the vampires, devils and witches. We all do it. I find it hallarious. i've been a ghost far too many times and when I wasn't a ghost I was a witch. But one year, I went as a rock star! oooh scary.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like so much fun. We don't celebrate halloween down here in NZ.

Babe King said...

Sounds like so much fun! I do have a plastic pumpkin I'm using full of flowers as a table piece at the mo, and intend to get the kids to bob for apples, but nothing much happens here. :-)

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I tend to scour Goodwill stores from early September, looking for old bridesmaid dresses. Then I base my costume on what I find. I've done an apple tree from a butt-ugly brown sheath I found, Queen Elizabeth, Carrie (which goes well with your prom/accident victim, etc.)

I plan on being the Queen of Hearts this year. "Off with her head!" LOL.

Good luck finding the right costume for yourself. It ain't always easy.

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOVE the idea of the accident victim on Prom night. LOL!

FYI (I might have to steal this idea)

Unknown said...

It's been years since I dressed up for Halloween. I think my last costume was a Harem girl. lol
Happy T13!

Savannah Chase said...

I have been a few of those things, this year i have fairy of vampire hottie..lol
nice list by the way....

Bethanne said...

Those are all great. Happy Halloweenie!

Paige Tyler said...

Cool list! I've been a gypsy and a witch, too!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love dressing up like a princess - good thing I refuse to grow up! Love halloween!

Debbie Mumford said...

What fun! I haven't dressed up in years. I put all my energy into kids' costumes...

Kate Willoughby said...

I love #12! What a great idea.