Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 10/18/07

Today's Thursday Thirteen.

Thirteen places I have lived.

1. Akron, OH. (This is where I was born.)

2. Ravenna, OH. (We had a Rootstown address, Mogadore phone number, and lived in Ravenna.)

3. Elora, TN. (Moved to be near my Mother's family when I was 7)

4. Flintville, TN. (Mom and Dad built a house here when I was 11)

5. Knoxville, TN. (3 years at the University of Tennessee)

6. Cleveland, TN. (2 additional years at Lee University. I left with a BS and 2 minors)

7. Fayetteville, TN. (Back home near my family)

8. Athens, AL. (Was too close to the family.)

9. Huntsville, AL. (Was too far from work.)

10. Southhaven, MS. (Husband was transferred.)

11. Memphis, TN. (I went back to nursing school. We lived in an apartment cuz we were broke.)

12. Horn Lake, MS. (My house. God, I loved that place we put in a pool. It was beautiful.)

13. Nashville, TN. (My Dad is old, sick. And I had to be closer, so we moved again.)

10 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow. That's a lot of moving! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, you have lived in a lot of places. Great TT!

Tara S Nichols said...

That reminds me of a song... "I've been everywhere man, across the city square man..." My hubbie is the same. Dad in the Govn't would do it.

Anonymous said...

I think you've moved more than my DH who was a UNICEF brat!
I moved once before I went off to college. Seems like we've moved every 4-5 years so far... he's a bad influence on me.

Happy TT: http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Yikes! I've only lived three places my whole life, and all in the same state. Hope you can put down roots soon.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I've moved a lot too.
We had packing down to a science :)

Bethanne said...

Lia, You'll be rewarded where ever it is you end up. Big Hugs for moving back. That is not easy.

Jodie said...

Thats interesting - I havn't moved around that much. So there are more places you can write about :)

Heather said...

That's a bit of moving there! I hope to move sometime during the next year and shudder at the thought of packing.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

WOW! You've been all over! How cool.