Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 9/20/2007







Tonight I am going to be going out with a friend for what I hope is her last night on the town as a single woman. Maybe I am crazy for still believing in true love, but I hope this is her one and only marriage. I hope this truly is a forever kind of love for her. With that said I am looking back on my life. This Thursday Thirteen is thirteen reasons I am glad I am married to my wonderful husband. (I can say this here. He never reads my blog. So his head won’t swell after that announcement)

1. He loves me even when I don’t love myself.

2. There is always someone there at the end of a bad day. Sometimes to hold me and tell me that it will be better tomorrow. Sometimes to point out that it could have been worse. But in the end all I really need is him to be there.

3. I don’t have to shave my legs if I don’t want to.

4. He moves heavy things (like boxes of books) and only complains a little.

5. He thinks that I am the smartest woman he knows.

6. The thought of having to date scares the living crap out of me.

7. He gets excited about buying a new washer and dryer. He isn’t excited about needing new ones, just about picking out new appliances (Weird, I know.)

8. My husband always has some comment that makes me laugh my ass off. Never in over 14 years have I ever been bored. Annoyed maybe but never ever bored.

9. He has always done his best to be a good provider. I know that sounds old fashioned, but I have a very strong work ethic. He shares it. He would say that he just likes money, but I know better.

10. He loves my mother.

11. He likes to give me things. I insist that these gifts aren’t necessary or are too extravagant. But now that I think about it, I have never refused any of them.

12. He knows where all my spots are...

13. Almost all married people sigh wistfully when they remember the excitement of falling in love. Everything is shiny and new. And that feeling is great, but no one wants to think about the rest. The fear and insecurity that also comes with new love. Does he really love me? I’ll take a steady man that loves me day in and day out any day.


Here we are last.

This was taken last year on my birthday. My gift tickets to the CMA Awards show. They are outrageously expensive. The year before a 7 night cruise to the Caribbean. This year he wants to get me a new laptop. He said something about pink Alienware. Yep, I am pretty sure I love him.

11 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oh this was awesome and what a great picture.
My Redneck is the same for me. And CMA awards tickets!!! Awesome.
Thanks for this.
*makes note to tell the Redneck what he means to me when he comes home*

Amelia June said...

Ooh, you guys are so cute!

And I love not having to shave my legs ;)

happy TT!
http://www.ameliajune.net/blog

Anonymous said...

Awww. Those were so sweet! Best wishes to your friend and congrats on finding such a great guy for yourself, Lia!

Heather said...

Sounds like a match made in heaven, Lia! I could have used someone like him for reason #4 when my apartment was flooded last month. I'm still paying for moving all those boxes myself. Enjoy the night out with your friend!

(PS. Cute picture!)

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Awwwww.... That's just about the sweetest post I've ever read. Congrats on finding the love of your life and realizing it!

Tempest Knight said...

Awww... you look totally cute together. :)

Robin L. Rotham said...

Okay, we were in perfect agreement until you hit number 7. *grin* But I'm happy for you that your guy likes to shop for appliances. Mr. Robin would rather have a root canal -- but he goes along anyway, just to make sure I don't pick out something impractical.

I won't even get into number 10.

Number 11... Well, he doesn't mind when I buy what I want, if that counts. :D

And I'm totally with you on number 13.

Excellent TT!

Elle Fredrix said...

What a great list. So much to treasure.

I hope your friend lucks out just like you have!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Aw, how sweet!

And yes, if I had to go and date again, I think I would shoot myself.

Debbie Mumford said...

Awesome tribute to your DH ... and great picture. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

You are truly blessed. I often wonder why it took so long to find love like I have now. I guess I needed to experience my life, the good, the bad and the ugly to appreciate him as much as I do.
Thanks for sharing.