Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Clumsiness...

Appearantly, my nearest and dearest friends and family think that I am clumsy. Now I have never thought I was the most graceful person in the world, but I tend to hurt myself in the stupidest ways possible.

I still have scars from tripping and falling down at a Halloween party last year. People still ask me what happened to my knees.

Thursday night I was at a bachelorette party for a friend. While walking back to one of my friend's apartment, I stumbled, but did not fall. And broke my foot. I hoped, I prayed that it wasn't broken, but I finally went to the ER to get it x-rayed. The ER I work at, I might add. So they sent me home barely able to walk that night. I missed a week's worth of work. I only work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights anyway.

Today the orthopedic put me in a walking boot. Yeah, I am not stumbling around my house with crutches anymore. Seriously, my life was in danger with those things.

I am actually excited about getting to go back to work. There is really only so much staring at the walls that I can stand. The dang foot has hurt so much that I have been drugged most of the time. So I haven't gotten any writing done. Well I could have gotten some done but it would not have made any sense at all.

1 comment:

Emma Petersen said...

Awwwe! Hugs Lia. I hope you feel better. I wouldn't wish a broken bone on anyone.