Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Today's Thursday Thirteen is thirteen reasons that it is wonderful to be sent from early from the ER because there are no patients.
1. There are no patients. That means there are not as many sick or injured today.
2. Extra sleep.
3. I can get up early and write this afternoon.
4. There is no traffic at 4 am.
5. I get to sleep at the same time as my husband for a while.
6. It is so much easier to fall asleep when it is dark.
7. I will have time to cook dinner this afternoon.
8. I get to skip the calories from the 5 am Mountain Dew.
9. Extra sleep.
10. It is cool and dark while I am trying to go to sleep.
11. I get to get out before the management gets in.
12. Did I mention the sleep?
13. I still get paid the same amount.

7 comments:

Tempest Knight said...

Happy T13!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Every once in a while, it's nice to know the Fates conspire in a good way.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oh, I remember this from when I worked nights in the hospital. I looked forward to winter when it was still dark at 6am when I got off work.
Congrats on getting a little more sleep.

Unknown said...

Good for you. Sweet dreams

Happy T13!

Jennifer Shirk said...

That last one is a real bonus! :)

Heather said...

Extra sleep and being paid while getting it are always good things! Glad the Fates were on your side today!

Eva Gale said...

I hear you on the sleep! When I was in the ER the ohter day I was kissing those nurses feet.