Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 8/30/07



Due to a schedule change at work, I unexpectedly have a week off. Seven full days off of work. I don't know what I am going to do with myself. So this list is thirteen things I am going to do this week.

1.Cook. That sounds odd doesn't it. Most people look forward to not having to cook. I love to cook. During my work week I don't have time to cook anything decent. Oh the meals I am going to make this week. I think dinner tonight might be herbed pork loin with baby Yukon Gold potatoes.

2. Read. I want to finish a couple off my TBR pile including Sherrilyn Kenyon's Devil May Cry.

3. Write. Maybe I can finish my contracted story for Cobblestone this week.

4. Party. Bachelorette party for a friend this Saturday night.

5.Visit. Labor Day Cook Out at Mom and Dad's. My sisters and younger brother as well as my neice and nephews in my parent's back yard.

6. Finish unpacking. This week I swear all of the boxes will be unpacked.

7. Sleep. The alarm clock is getting turned off. I'll sleep 'til I wake up. (That really isn't that excessive for me really. We are talking about increasing my 5.5-6 hours a day to 7.5-8 hours of sleep.

8. Set the DVR for this fall's shows. I don't watch commercials if I can do anything about it.

9. Organize. My office. File cabinet needs help. All of my softwear is piled in a box. Argh.

10. Paint. My bathroom is the only room in the house that needs to be painted. It is a horrible orange color.

11. Clean out the garage. Mostly just throw out the empty boxes.

12. Take my car to the shop. We were notified of a recall that unless repaired can cause the fuel tank to catch fire.

13. Wash my car. Don't laugh. I hate to wash my car. I have to clean out the inside, too.

12 comments:

Abby Niles said...

Isn't nice when you get unexpected time to yourself and you can do what YOU want to do. Have fun this week!!!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oh I totally understand the "cook" thing.
When things get busy, I don't cook meals that involve a recipe.
It's nice to take the time for that.
Have a wonderful week off. You deserve it.

Bethanne said...

Hey Lia.
I can't believe it!
Good for you. A break! Yippeee!

...and wow, that's the nakedest man I ever saw. Where's all his hair? Or is it just me? I don't like a ton of hair but...uh, does he shave it? LOL

I'm not sure I've ever been here before, have I? Your blog looks great!

Elle Fredrix said...

An unexpected week off? Wow. And if it's a paid week off, wow, wow!! :o)

Have a great time.

Amelia June said...

Ah, a week off sounds lovely, I'm so jealous!

Happy TT, good luck on your list!

Robin L. Rotham said...

Hey, why don't you come cook for me and paint MY bathroom, Lia? *grin*

Savannah Chase said...

it is nice to have some me time..enjoy it......

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I loooooove to cook! And between football practice, karate classes, etc. we wind up eating takeout way more often than we should. Enjoy the week. Sounds like you earned it!

Lanie said...

I hope you enjoy your week off.

Your list looks good. Enjoy it!

Lia said...

Well, it is 6pm. I finished Devil May Cry and dropped the car off at the shop. Two down.

Debbie Mumford said...

Oh ... I'm SO jealous! *lol*

Enjoy your week!!!!

Heather said...

Hope you enjoy your week off and the time to catch up on some of the little things!