Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


As most of you might know, we had a house fire in May. Since then we have been staying with my husband's sister and her husband. It has been.... Let's just say that I am overjoyed to have signed a lease yesterday. So in honor of that here is thirteen reasons it is good to have your own place.

1. I get to walk around in my underwear or less.

2. No waiting for the bathroom.

3. If my laundry gets all wrinkled, it is my fault.

4. My dog getting blamed for their dog peeing in the floor.

5. I can sit on the patio and work without my husband calling me antisocial.

6. I can stay up til 3 in the morning working if the inspiration strikes.

7. I can get my books out of storage!!!!!

8. I can buy groceries and no one else will eat them.

9. I can cook healthy stuff. (They don't eat veggies, onions, or herbs. The contents of the spice rack are: salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. We added dill and parsley because my SIL loves my dill dip.)

10. I get to buy new furniture.

11. I won't have to freeze to death every morning (I think the thermostat is on 55.)

12. I don't have to keep it down, because no one is sleeping 10 feet away.

13. Four adults, two dogs, and a ferret in a two bedroom, one bath house, enough said.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on signing the new lease. I'm sure you'll be celebrating being in a place of your own again. Happy T13!

Jennifer Shirk said...

UGH. Congrats on getting out of there with your sanity intact. LOL!

Diana Castilleja said...

Oh hon! What a relief for you... And I can sympathize about the dog. I had a cat that got blamed for a lot of stuff when my roomie had 4!

Go have fun picking out the new furniture.

Tempest Knight said...

Yay on you signing the lease!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

Can I come shopping? I love buying furniture!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Congrats on the new homestead! May things settle down for you now.

Debbie Mumford said...

Congratulations!!! And a great list to celebrate with.

Babe King said...

Oh my. How awful! poor you

Veronica Arch said...

Congratulations on your new home!

(Say Lia...I've been trying to contact you to let you know you won the Wicked Whispers Authors Hottie Hot Bag 2 weeks ago. Could you please email me at veronica arch @ frontiernet. net (no spaces) so I can send you your prize?)

Thanks!

Crystal Jordan said...

Yay! A new place! Congrats!

Elizabeth Parker said...

Wow, how did you ever get any writing done there? Congrats on a new place of your own.

Lia said...

Can't wait to move. I only have a bed, desk, computer, and suitcases here. Everything else is at the salvage company and in storage.

And the salvage company will deliver, especially my frig and washer and dryer.

Elizabeth, as to how could I possibly get any writing done. Laptop at Starbuck, I can usually get about 1000w/hr while smoking and drinking a Venti Dulce de Leche. I also take my zip to work. I can usually get some writing done in the wee hours of the morning.

Robin L. Rotham said...

OMG, I can't even imagine. Two nights at my sister's house was enough to drive me to drink. Congratulations on your escape!

P. Robinson said...

Oh yes, there is a lot to be said for a happy household- of just you!

Heather said...

Having your own place: priceless. Congrats on the new lease!

Stephanie Secrest said...

Huge congrats on the lease! :) I'd send Sir Laurie over for a celebratory visit, but he doesn't want to leave my side. ;)