Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about working night shift.
1. I routinly sleep until 3 or 4 in the afternoon.
2. I have been know to get hammered at 8 in the morning.
3. I eat dinner at 3am.
4. On my day off, when I am writing, no one calls to try and sell me anything at 2 am.
5. I can drink a Venti 5 shot Americano at midnight and worry that it will keep me up.
6. I am not a morning person.
7. Breakfast is available 24-7 at Waffle House.
8. Dinner is available 24-7 at Waffle House.
9. I can tell telemarketers to piss off, cause I am not responsible for anything I say when you wake me up.
10. I can grocery shop in 30 minutes at 4am.
11. Night shift in the Emergency Room is very, very interesting.
12. Night shift slows down when I do. It's busy at first when I am fresh, and when I am tired it slows down.
13. I get paid $4 dollars more an hour for doing the exact same job.

No comments: