Monday, April 9, 2007

Accumulated Junk

So my husband and I have decided to be travel nurses for awhile. The benefits are really great. The housing is furnished, and if we really don't like the hospitals, we only have to be there for 3 months. The plan is to do this for a couple of years, save the money to buy a house, and we get to explore the country. The added benefit is that this is suppossed to give me more time to research and write. We will both be making more money doing this.

And now for the downside. We own too much stuff. I bought a Suburban this week so that we will have enough room for all our things. In two hours last night I gathered up 2 large garbage bags of clothes to take to Goodwill. I haven't touched Mr. Morgan's stuff yet. He would be perfectly content to get rid of everything and buy new.

We have a little over 3 weeks to put everything in storage and get to Texas for the first assignment. He hasn't balked at all when I told him our summer assignments have to be where ever the RWA convention is. Dallas area this summer, San Franciso next year. The hardest thing is putting all of my precious books in a box and maybe not seeing them again for 2 years. Going to be buying more ebooks for their portability. And the fact he won't know how many I own. Sneaky, I know.

But I have been going through things wondering why we have kept them this long. I have a 13 year old suede skirt. It still fits. I have maybe worn it 20 times. Why do I still own this? The list goes on and on...

No comments: