Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen 1/3/08


Before I start making plans and goals for this year. I thought I would look back on last year and the things I accomplished.

1. Started writing. At least writing more than a few pages before giving it up.

2. Joined the RWA.

3. Participated in my first online writing workshop.

4. Picked a pen name.

5. Blogged for the first time.

6. Attended my first national conference in Dallas.

7. Registered my domain name and built my website.

8. Worked up the nerve and submitted a proposal.

9. Got my first contract.

10. Saw my name on my first cover.

11. Finished my first novella.

12. Sent completed novella off to publisher for editing.

13. Grand total written for the year 62040. Not that much, but it is 62000 words that weren't written last year.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you have had a tremendous year, you should be very proud of yourself. Major kudo action to you.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Now THAT is a fabulous year. And it's only the beginning.

Jennifer Shirk said...

You go, girl!!!

Just wait and see what this year brings you! :)

Bethanne said...

you've ahd a great year, Lia. Congrats! Can't wait to see what you do this year.

Heather said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments, Lia. Here's wishing you an even more successful 2008!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

That is an amazing year, Lia! Congratulations and may 2008 be even better for you!

Harris Channing said...

You really did a lot toward your writing career this year. GO you!
~Harris.

Debbie Mumford said...

What an awesome year! Go, Diva, go!!

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you had a fantastic year.